GD001: Roles & Responsibilities of IT Student (for student guideline)
CIDB Green Card (Compulsory for all CI & QS students): Application SOP, Registration Guide
GD003: Flowchart of IT Placement SOP (for student guideline ⇓)
[Please get the signature from the Academic Adviser and respective HOD for IT Appeal/Postponement/Final trimester cases]
*ALL E-Forms & Links MUST access using 1UTAR email!!!– use New incognito window (Ctrl+Shift+N) if facing access issue.
You may install and use any of the “cam scanner apps” to scan your ITP documentations using mobile phone.
LT003: Letter of Undertaking and Indemnity (to UTAR by student and parents/guardian)
Optional: Indemnity letter for company (only if requested by company- please consult IT coordinator before using the letter)
Industrial Training Checklist for LKC FES Student
Industrial Training Procedure & Information
Students are required to read and be familiar with all procedures, rules and regulations. It is the students’ responsibility to understand them. Please refer to the LKC FES IT Handbook for more details.
- The discretion of whether or not to accept a student as an industrial trainee lies entirely with the company and not with the University. A student should prepare him/herself conversantly for the job interview, e.g. the company may test the student on his/her technical skills and knowledge of the relevant course domains.
- NO CHANGING nor SWAPPING of jobs upon CONFIRMED placement without obtaining approval from the Faculty. Any complain from company might be considered as breach of university rules & regulation, disciplinary action will be taken against the student.
- All placements must be conducted for FULL TIME basis. Subject to express instruction by the Supervisor-in-charge, students are not allowed to complete their assignment in places, times and tasks of high risk other than mutually and officially agreed and specified in advance by both the University and the Company.
- NO job hopping. If a student wants to leave his/her current placement, he/she must provide justification to the Faculty and his/her Company, and receive the approval from the Faculty BEFORE he/she can leave his/her current placement.
- No working in close relative’s company to avoid conflict of interest.
- Payment by the Company as the allowance for industrial trainees is encouraged, but not a requirement. Should there be any allowance or any form of payment involved, it shall be the student’s responsibility, and not the University, to take all necessary measure to secure such allowance or payment.
Valid job placements
- Able to fulfill all the course outcomes
- Jobs must be related to their enrolled academic programme