Industrial Training Period for May 2020 & Oct 2020
Tentative training period is: 12 Oct 2020 to 12 Jan 2021 (for all) & 15 Jun 2020 to 15 Dec 2020 (for QS). And, tentative oral presentation are: 16 to 17 June 2020. Students should follow their course structure and shall not plan other activities that may affect their industrial training.
Kindly contact the DCInterNet for any assistance of oversea industrial training placement two (2) trimesters in advance. Please refer to the procedure and guideline here for abroad internship.
Industrial Training Guidelines
Students are required to participate and work as industrial trainees in the industry of their academic discipline. Industrial training is a credited course programme, and thus is compulsory in order to fulfill the degree coursework requirements for graduation. The whole industrial training process takes two (2) trimesters:
- One trimester for conducting pre-registration and placement process.
- One trimester for conducting the actual industrial training and oral presentation.
- [Tentative training period is: First working day of Oct to last working day of Dec (for all) & first working day of Jun to last working day Nov (for QS)]
Students must satisfy all the requirements stipulated by the course syllabus of industrial training.
To all QUALIFIED STUDENTS who wish to undergo industrial training (IT):
- Please read and understand the GD001: Roles and responsibilities of IT Student.
- Attend the IT briefing.
- Comply with the Standard Operation Procedure of industrial training (before and during the IT).
Placement of Industrial training
- Students will be given a choice to approach companies that they are keen to work with.
- Work conducted in the selected company should be related to the enrolled academic programme.
- Final placements will be decided by the Industrial Training Committee
Industrial training/placement outside Malaysia
- Students are allowed to undergo the industrial training abroad.
- Please refer to the LKC FES procedure here, and University OUTBOUND INTERNSHIP GUIDELINE here.
- Kindly contact the DCInterNet for any assistance of industrial training placement two (2) trimesters in advance.
- It is compulsory for student to purchase international medical and hospitalization insurance.
- Students must fulfill the immigration requirements of the designated country of the industrial training/placement.
- DCInterNet and DISS will be informed to assist the student in applying for the necessary (e.g. application of visa, purchase of insurance, letters of indemnity, etc.).
- Please contact the DCInterNet for any assistance or clarifications on immigration matters.