It is compulsory for all UTAR LKC FES students to complete industrial training for 3 months (all programmes except QS) or 6 months (for QS only). Industrial training provides exposure of students to the real-life working environment. Students gain experiences valuable for their personal and carrier developments; they observe, learn and develop their interpersonal and communication skills. Besides, the industrial attachment provides students the opportunity to meet and network with people of various occupations.
The objectives of industrial training are to:
- expose students to professional practices in the industrial sector under supervision of experienced staff,
- provide an opportunity for students to observe real-life industrial practices and implementation of theoretical lessons and principles learnt in the programme,
- provide an opportunity for students to acquire interpersonal skills through meeting and working with professionals in the industrial sector.
On completion of industrial training, a student shall be able to:
- Apply QS/mathematic/science/engineering fundamentals to task assigned.
- Demonstrate the usage of practical skills and modern tools in work place.
- Comply with the rules and guidelines relevant to professional/professional engineering practice.
- Demonstrate code of ethics and standards of professional conduct.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written and oral communication skills.
- Perform work independently and as a team.
- Demonstrate life-long learning and self-improvement.