All Engineering Departments
FYP Information for Engineering Departments
- Department of Civil Engineering (DCI)
- Department of Chemical Engineering (DCL)
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (D3E)
- Department of Mechanical and Material Engineering (DMME)
- Department of Mechatronic & Biomedical Engineering (DMBE)
- Students who wish to propose their own Final Year Project (FYP) titles must liaise with a staff member for supervision and propose the titles using the “FYP Title Proposal Template” to the respective FYP coordinator and Supervisor for approval three weeks before the start of the trimester.
- Registration of Titles (Part 1 Students): Week 1
- Submission of FYP log book (Week 2, Week 4, Week 6, Week 8, Week 10 and Week 12)
- Submission of FYP Poster (Part 2 Students): Friday Week 12
- Submission of Progress Report1 / Final Report2: Monday Week 14
- Submission of Pre-recorded video of the presentation slides1&2 : Monday Week 14
- Oral Presentation / Demonstration: Week 143
Final Year Poster Competition (Part 2 Students): Week 13/Week 14
- Submission of
Commented Progress Report (Part 1), Commented Final Reports (Part 2) andCorrected Soft-bound Final Report with other necessary FYP documents (Part 2): Monday Week 17 4
FYP Title Registration
(E-signatures and online/virtual meetings are allowed due to the Covid pandemic)
- Click here to download the Procedure for the title registration*.
- Click here to download the Title Registration Form starting from Wednesday of Week-1. You are allowed to submit the title registration form to your supervisors starting from Wednesday of Week-1.
- Final Year Project Titles (Session 202101)
*If you have any issues with the title registration, discuss with your FYP coordinator.
3FYP Presentation Schedule (Session 202101)
- 3E Department
- CI Department
- CL Department
- ME/MM Department
- MH / BI Department
Details of FYP Submissions
Submission of FYP Log Book (Part 1 & 2)
- Submission of first FYP Log Book (by 4.00 pm, Friday Week-2) (Sample FYP log book)
- Submission of second FYP Log Book (by 4.00 pm, Friday Week-4).
- Submission of third FYP Log Book (by 4.00 pm, Friday Week-6).
- Submission of fourth FYP Log Book (by 4.00 pm, Friday Week-8).
- Submission of fifth FYP Log Book (by 4.00 pm, Friday Week-10).
- Submission of sixth FYP Log Book (by 4.00 pm, Friday Week-12).
Submission of FYP Poster (Part 2) by 4.00 pm, Friday Week-12
1&2Project Part 1 & 2 (Week-14 submission) For more details, click HERE for the FYP planner
- Upload the softcopy of FYP report (front cover with name and title of project, abstract and all the chapters only) to Turnitin
Print andSubmit the Turnitin Originality Report (Sample) Print andSubmit the ‘Supervisor’s Comments on Originality Report Generated by Turnitin
for Submission of Final Year Project Report (for Undergraduate Programmes)‘ form
- Submit the soft copy of the Progress report (for Part 1), Final report (for Part 2), and the Pre-recorded video of the presentation slides (both Part 1 and Part 2)
1 hardcopy (for Part 1) or 2 hard copies (for Part 2) of the comb-bound report. Submit all the above items to the respective Laboratory by the deadline mentioned in section “Important Dates” (refer to section Submission Venues).
Submit all the above items to the respective FYP coordinator by the deadline given by the coordinator.
Submission of Corrected Soft-bound Final Report (Part 2, Week-17 submission)
Details of the FYP Penalties
Week-14 / Week-17 Submissions
- Within 2 days after the deadline (including public holidays) – five (5) marks will be deducted from the final marks.
- After 2 days from the deadline (including public holidays) – the student will be considered to have failed and will be given an “F” grade. The student will have to repeat the unit.
- If the parameters of originality are not within the limits approved by UTAR, the report shall be sent to a special panel for plagiarism, and the student will be called to attend an inquiry before the panel. Click here for more details.
Failure to submit the FYP poster and/or FYP report and/or attend the oral presentation
- A student who does not submit the FYP Poster during Project Part 2 will be considered to have failed and will be given an “F” grade. The student will have to repeat the unit (starting from Part 1).
- A student who does not submit the Progress Report or does not attend the oral presentation during Project Part 1 will be considered to have failed and will be given an “F” grade. The student will have to repeat the unit (starting from Part 1).
- A student who does not submit the Final Report or does not attend the oral presentation during Project Part 2 will be considered to have failed and will be given an “F” grade. The student will have to repeat the unit (starting from Part 1).
- Penalties (
Absenteeism &/orNo submission of Summary of Posters): (i) Absenteeism for the Poster competition event without any appropriate supporting documents (such as a medical report from the government hospital, or a designated doctor or a report from the district officer or police officer or authorized government officer concerned if the absence is due to compassionate reasons), the Special Case Review panel is entitled to reduce the marks in the ‘Poster criteria’ to ZERO.
- (ii) No submission of the ‘Summary of Posters’ within the stipulated date/time, the Special Case Review panel is entitled to reduce the marks in the ‘Poster criteria’ to ZERO.