The Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering and Science (LKCFES) at UTAR Sungai Long Campus organised the first-ever Final Year Project (FYP) Poster Competition on 13th April 2016.
Held for the very first time, this competition aimed to give an opportunity for the FYP students to showcase their talent, skills and creative ideas through their projects as well as to cultivate research interests among them. With the sponsorship from Megatara, the competition received 64 ground-breaking entries with researches ranging from four different tracks such as (i) fundamental Sciences, (ii) applied Sciences, (iii) materials, manufacturing, project management, green & sustainable technologies, and (iv) research, design, development in science & engineering.
All our industrial advisory panel (IAP) members and selected faculty members from LKCFES were invited to judge the competition. The Ten IAP members and the invited faculty members from FLKCFES graced the occasion and judged the competition.
Of all the entries, 52 posters were first shortlisted by the LKCFES departments, D3E, DCI, DCL, DIECS, DMAS, DMBE, DMME, and DS. This was followed by a presentation session whereby the judging team was tasked to handpick three Best Posters per track.
Winners of Track-1 are:
- Liew Shin Ying (D3E). Poster title: Impacts of Traffic Energy Harvester on Vehicles
- Pow Hui Ping (D3E). Poster title: Cell Balancing Fault Feedback System
- Wong Yen Shan (DS). Poster title: A Review of Supplier Selection Criteria
Winners of Track-2 are:
- Loh Hong Khai (D3E). Poster title: Accelerating Erasure Code with Multiprocessing
- Tan Kok Hoe (D3E). Poster title: Cooling Fan Failure Alert System
- Michelle Lor Hui Min (DCL). Poster title: Dye Removal using Batch and Static Membrane Adsorption
Winners of Track-3 are:
- Teo Yao Yi, Choong Seng Wei (DMME). Poster title: Extraction of Zinc from Zinc Ferrite using Hydrometallurgy Method
- Chong Lai Mun (DCI). Poster title: Electric Bus Modeling in Putrajaya
- Wong Zhen Yan (DMME). Eco-Friendly Cooling Roof System
Winners of Track-4 are:
- Chong Yih Lip (D3E). Poster title: Energy Audit for Peak Demand Reduction in UTAR Building
- Goh Yu Han (DMME). Poster title: Electro-thermal Modeling of Hybrid Supercapacitor-Battery Energy Storage System
- Wong Farng Hui, Tan Wen Hsiung (DCL). Poster title: Synthesis and Characterization of Ni-Fe and Ni-Zn Catalysts for Hydrogenation of Fatty Acids
The winners walked away with RM250 cash, souvenirs and certificates, while the first runner-ups received RM150 cash and certificates whereas, the second runner-ups took home RM100 as well as certificates. Certificates were also awarded to the remaining Top 40 posters.